PONTOTOC COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) – A shooting victim has been identified following a crash in Pontotoc County.
The incident happened on Tuesday, January 23. Pontotoc County EMA Director Ricky Jaggers says a call came in to 911 of a car wreck on Highway 278 west of Highway 15 sometime near 1:45 a.m.
A passing motorist later said a red SUV could be seen out in a field along the highway.
When officers arrived, they found a gunshot victim. That victim has been identified as 20-year-old Jody Devon Lewis of Abbeville, Miss.
Lewis was airlifted to a Jackson hospital. The person’s current condition is unknown.
The case is under the investigation of the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation. No further information was released Friday.
“The investigation is progressing as it should,” said MBI Spokesperson Warren Strain. “Agents are following leads and evidence has been submitted to the crime lab for analysis.”
- UPDATE: Shooting victim ID'd following Pontotoc County wreck
- UPDATE: One Pontotoc County body ID'd
- UPDATE: Second Pontotoc County body ID'd
- UPDATE: Body pulled from Chickasaw County pond; victim ID'd
- UPDATE: Suspect ID'd in Tupelo chase
- UPDATE: Dead Oxford robbery suspect ID'd
- One dead in Pontotoc County wreck
- Woman dies in Pontotoc County wreck
- UPDATE: Second person ID'd following Monroe County crash
- UPDATE: Victim ID from fatal Pontotoc County crash