COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - A suspect has surrendered to law enforcement following a recent shooting in Lowndes County.
The shooting happened on October 1 in the area of AJ’s Grocery off Land Road.
The victim was wounded with non-life-threatening injuries, Sheriff Mike Arledge said that day.
Lowndes County Investigator Greg Wright confirms Donta Perry, 21, of Columbus, has been arrested and charged in connection to the incident.
Perry is charged with two counts of aggravated assault.
The motive behind the shooting is still being investigated. Wright says the incident happened after a physical altercation.
- UPDATE: Shooting suspect arrested in Lowndes County
- UPDATE: Lowndes Co. armed robbery suspect captured
- UPDATE: Young man arrested for Lowndes robbery
- UPDATE: Family identifies grandmother injured in Lowndes County shooting
- UPDATE: Video, vehicle description could help solve Lowndes County shooting
- UPDATE: Victim in Lowndes County shooting expected to recover
- Lowndes County inmate dies
- Crash In Lowndes County
- UPDATE: Lowndes County fugitive Delvin Moore captured
- UPDATE: Lowndes County teen found safe