MONROE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - A second person has been identified following a fiery crash in Monroe County earlier this month.
The crash happened on April 17 on Highway 45 Alternate. The crash left three people dead.
According to the Mississippi Highway Patrol, the second driver has been identified as 41-year-old Raphael S. Payne of Newton, Miss. He was traveling south when he was hit head on by another vehicle, driven by Donald Wright, 54.
RELATED: First person ID'd following crash
Troopers say Wright was driving north in the southbound lane at the time of the crash.
The identity of Wright's passenger is still be determined.
This accident remains under investigation by MHP.
- UPDATE: Second person ID'd following Monroe County crash
- UPDATE: One Pontotoc County body ID'd
- UPDATE: Second Pontotoc County body ID'd
- UPDATE: Suspect ID'd in Tupelo chase
- UPDATE: Dead Oxford robbery suspect ID'd
- UPDATE: Shooting victim ID'd following Pontotoc County wreck
- UPDATE: Body pulled from Chickasaw County pond; victim ID'd
- UPDATE: Investigation continues into deadly Monroe County crash
- UPDATE: MHP identifies victim of fatal Monroe County crash
- UPDATE: Investigation ongoing into Monroe County plane crash