LEE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Lee County Sheriff Jim Johnson confirms a drug suspect has been captured after a weekend drug bust in Verona.
The suspect is identified as Joseph Fields, 26. He had been wanted following the July 27 bust in Verona.
This marks the second arrest in the case.
Jarmesha McGaughy was arrested following the July 27 drug bust in Verona on Mary Ann Street.
There, officers found meth, cocaine and more than 500 tablets of ecstasy.
Fields was booked into the Lee County jail Wednesday morning.
Johnson confirms Fields is charged with drug trafficking.
- UPDATE: Second drug suspect arrested in Lee County
- UPDATE: Arrest made for Lee County shooting
- UPDATE: Lee County chase ends in arrest
- Lee County man arrested for drugs in Clay County
- UPDATE: Lee County road reopens
- One arrested, one wanted following Lee County drug bust
- Two Lee County men arrested on drug charges
- UPDATE: Suspect identified after fatal Lee County shooting
- UPDATE: Child dies following Lee County crash, arrest made
- UPDATE: Shooting suspect arrested in Lowndes County