SHAW, Miss. (WTVA) - Preliminary autopsy results are back following the death of a 20-month-old in the Delta last week.
Autopsy results show Royalty Marie Floyd died from sharp force trauma and thermal injuries.
The pathological examination does not state the toddler was alive in the oven. That has yet to be confirmed.
Floyd was found inside an oven at a residence on Martin Luther King Drive in Shaw.
Authorities believe the child was stabbed and burned.
The toddler’s grandmother, Carolyn Jones, was later arrested and charged with first-degree murder.
- UPDATE: Preliminary autopsy results back for toddler's death in Delta
- Autopsy results back following trooper's death
- UPDATE: Pontotoc County autopsy backs homicide
- UPDATE: Autopsy results expected soon for Pontotoc County bodies
- UPDATE: Columbus toddler's death ruled accidental
- Preliminary hearing rescheduled following student's death
- UPDATE: Aberdeen expects water results back Friday
- Storm related death in the Mississippi Delta
- Sale of Amory hospital in preliminary stages
- UPDATE: Results show Corinth man was shot in back of head