TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) – Tupelo police have arrested a man believed to be responsible for the armed robberies of a Walmart fuel station and a Domino’s Pizza store.
On Tuesday, December 12 at approximately 1 a.m., Tupelo police officers attempted to stop a white Ford Ranger pickup truck at the intersection of President Avenue Extended and Cliff Gookin Boulevard.
Police say the driver, 40-year-old Lawrence Wright, failed to stop immediately and fled a short distance to the South Park Manor Apartments on South Green Street.
Wright was then taken into custody without incident.
Police say he is a suspect in the Sunday, December 10 armed robbery of the Walmart Neighborhood Market Fuel Station on South Gloster Street.
Police also say he is a suspect in an armed robbery of the Domino’s Pizza restaurant on South Gloster Street. That robbery happened on Monday, December 11 at approximately 1:45 p.m.
For this robbery, police say a man entered the business, said he had a gun in his pocket and demanded money.
Some money was taken from the store. No injuries were reported.
“Information from the two scenes indicated that Wright was a person-of-interest and officers were actively searching for him when he was apprehended,” stated police.
As a result, Wright was charged with two counts of armed robbery. His bond was set at $125,000.
He was also detained for several misdemeanor offenses.
He is currently on probation with the Mississippi Department of Corrections and could face charges for violation of probation.
- UPDATE: Police make arrest for Tupelo armed robberies
- Tupelo police arrest 6 for armed robbery
- Tupelo police investigating weekend armed robbery
- Tupelo police seek information about armed robbery
- Starkville police arrest wanted armed robbery suspect
- UPDATE: Tupelo PD seek help ID'ing armed robbery suspect
- Tupelo police investigating reported armed robbery at mall
- Tupelo police seek two men following Dollar General armed robbery
- Police seek location of Tupelo armed robbery suspect
- UPDATE: Man arrested for armed robbery in Pontotoc County