STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - A grand jury indicted a Rienzi man for capital murder and sexual battery in connection to the infamous 1990 Labor Day case, reports the Starkville Daily News.
The Oktibbeha County grand jury recently indicted Michael Devaughn.
The crime happened on Sept. 3, 1990, at the home of Kathryn Crigler.
Devaughn is accused of entering the home and killing Betty Jones, as well as sexually assaulting Crigler.
Crigler later died.
Starkville police arrested Devaughn in October 2018 after extensive DNA testing.
- Oktibbeha grand jury indicts Rienzi man for 1990 Labor Day case
- Grand jury indicts Harvey Weinstein in rape case
- Grand jury indicts Water Valley daycare worker
- Man back in jail after grand jury indictments
- Report: Grand jury indicts man for school bus crossing death
- Grand jury indicts accused Walmart shooter, former Starkville parks director
- Grand jury indicts Eaton with death of off-duty trooper
- Report: Grand jury indicts mother for infant's death
- Rienzi native named president of Mississippi College
- Railroad repair work closes Rienzi roadway