ALCORN COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - The names of the two people found dead in Alcorn County have been released.
Alcorn County Sheriff Ben Caldwell identifies the man as 44-year-old Phillip L. Alfred.
The woman has been identified as 37-year-old Tanya Machado Alfred.
The two were husband and wife.
The two were found dead inside a home on County Road 268 Sunday night.
Caldwell says it appears both died from gunshot wounds in an apparent domestic situation.
The investigation is ongoing to determine what exactly happened.
- UPDATE: Officials ID Alcorn County shooting victims
- UPDATE: Alcorn County inmate captured
- UPDATE: Alcorn County deputies arrest escaped inmate
- Alcorn County woman charged for shooting husband
- UPDATE: Troopers ID one victim from Monroe County collision
- UPDATE: Victim ID from fatal Pontotoc County crash
- UPDATE: Troopers ID victim of fatal Lafayette County wreck
- House fire in Alcorn County
- UPDATE: Coroner identifies Monroe County shooting victims
- UPDATE: Man recovering after fire destroys Alcorn County home