WEST POINT, Miss. (WTVA) - A South Carolina man was arrested after leading law enforcement officers on a chase throughout the Golden Triangle.
Gary Gilstrap, 36, faces the following charges:
This was the scene in West Point near the Love's truck stop.
- Felony fleeing and eluding
- Possession of a stolen vehicle
- Several traffic violations
The chase started Thursday afternoon on Highway 82 when a Lowndes County deputy tried to stop Gilstrap for a violation.
The chase went west into Oktibbeha County, then turned north to Clay County. Officers stopped Gilstrap’s vehicle in West Point where he was taken into custody.
Three people were inside the vehicle: Gilstrap, a woman, and an 11-year-old child.
The investigation revealed the car was stolen out of South Carolina.
- UPDATE: South Carolina man charged after Golden Triangle chase
- Driver sought after chase involving law enforcement in Golden Triangle
- Golden Triangle men face drug charges in Monroe County
- More than 500 attend Golden Triangle Employment Expo
- Golden Triangle Regional Airport hosts TSA Precheck enrollment
- Baptist Golden Triangle hospital provides free flu shots
- Golden Triangle Kennel Club holds annual dog show
- REPORT: Accused Kentucky school shooter used to live in the Golden Triangle
- Deputy Director of Golden Triangle Regional Airport will attend National Security Forum
- Operation Triple Beam works to reduce crime in the Golden Triangle, almost 150 arrests made