STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Crews are working to correct a sewage spill in Starkville.
On Monday, Starkville Utilities stated its Waste Water Division identified the issue and worked out a solution with the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality.
"The spill has been contained and no drinking water has been contaminated," the department stated.
During the weekend, MDEQ issued a general water contact advisory for a section of Hollis Creek. The section under advisory is at 305 Sand Road where Hollis Creek joins the Noxubee River.
- UPDATE: No drinking water contaminated after Starkville sewage spill
- UPDATE: Crews complete repairs after Starkville sewage spill
- Report: Starkville to see sewage, electric upgrades
- UPDATE: Starkville boil water notice lifted
- UPDATE: All lanes clear after I-22 spill
- Some in Shannon experiencing sewage smell
- UPDATE: Starkville woman found safe
- Starkville intersection closed due to water leak
- Report: Water main break repaired in Starkville
- Prices to increase for Starkville water