OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - A Holly Springs man is accused of shooting at another man Thursday in Oxford.
On Thursday, April 19, Oxford police responded to a "shots fired" call in the area of Rockette's gas station on Molly Barr Road.
No one was injured, but police say two men were fighting and shots were fired. Police took a suspect into custody.
That suspect was later identified as 25-year-old Xzaien Shipp.
Police say they received information Shipp shot several times from his car while pursuing the victim as they both were leaving the gas station.
Officers later located Shipp on Jackson Avenue near 5th Street and arrested him without incident. Police later recovered the gun used in the shooting and discovered it was stolen. Officers also found a felony amount of marijuana.
Shipp was taken to the Lafayette County jail and charged with aggravated assault, drive-by shooting, possession of a stolen firearm and possession with intent to sell marijuana.
His bond was set at $500,000.
"We would like to thank our citizens for their timely and accurate information, without their help we would not have been able to solve this crime as quickly," Oxford police stated.
- UPDATE: More info released following Oxford shooting
- UPDATE: More info needed following Lyric shooting
- UPDATE: More info. released about wanted Columbus man's arrest
- UPDATE: Arrest made in Oxford Lyric shooting
- UPDATE: Woman dies following Oxford shooting; friend charged
- UPDATE: Boil water alert lifted for Oxford
- UPDATE: Assailant wanted in Oxford, reward offered
- UPDATE: Investigation into Oxford assault continues
- UPDATE: Crash causes delays near Oxford
- UPDATE: Dead Oxford robbery suspect ID'd