JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - The Mississippi National Guard now has approximately 60 personnel providing hurricane recovery along the east coast.
Last week, the Guard originally stated approximately 20 guardsmen would provide aviation and mission planning support.
The soldiers from Meridian’s Company B, 1st Battalion, 111th Aviation Regiment continue to provide support using helicopters.
Also, the Mississippi Air National Guard has personnel providing relief planning and coordination support from several locations throughout the United States.
The Air Guard also has an RC-26 aircraft in the Carolinas to assist with search and rescue and damage assessments.
- UPDATE: More Mississippi National Guardsmen providing hurricane recovery support
- Mississippi National Guard to provide hurricane recovery support
- Local National Guardsmen to deploy Monday
- National Guardsmen say goodbye for deployment
- Local guardsmen continue training for deployment
- Mississippi universities provide guidance to state's entrepreneurs
- Local crews head out to help with Hurricane Michael recovery
- MEMA provides update on storm damage reports
- MHP provides update on Interstate 22 wrecks
- Booneville police provide update on infant's death