MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) — The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation says a suspect in three slayings who was listed among the agency's Top 10 Most Wanted fugitives has been captured in Texas.
The bureau said in a tweet Thursday morning that Antoine Lashun Adams was taken into custody in Harris County, Texas.
Police in Mississippi and Tennessee have been looking for Adams since he escaped a jail last month in Holly Springs, Mississippi.
Adams is accused of killing a man and leaving him in a Mississippi ditch late last year. He also faces two murder charges in Memphis. Adams was arrested in August in Texas and brought to a Mississippi jail, where he crawled under a fence to escape.
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation didn't immediately release further details about his capture.
- Officials say suspect in 3 killings found in Texas
- Mississippi murder suspect, bystander killed in Texas
- Official: Deputy shot, suspect killed in Tennessee shooting
- Alabama officer killed, suspect found dead after standoff
- Driver killed, Texas students hurt in Disney trip bus plunge
- Natchez Trace employee, man from Texas killed in Parkway accident
- UPDATE: Tennessee murder suspect found dead
- Report: South Mississippi shooting suspect found dead
- Itawamba County murder suspect found guilty
- BancorpSouth expanding in Central Texas, acquiring Texas First Bancshares