PONTOTOC COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - A man accused of shooting his own brother now sits in the Pontotoc County jail.
The shooting happened August 1 on Moorman Road.
Samuel Paul Holloway | Photo: Pontotoc County Jail
Mark Cade Holloway, 28, is accused of shooting his brother in the face. The brother is identified as Samuel Paul Holloway.
"Samuel was outside the house looking in the window," said Pontotoc County Sheriff Leo Mask. "Cade shot through the window. He went out in the woods and circled back around to his house."
Mask says the two brothers had prior arguments.
"Samuel had shot Cade prior to this and they were still feuding,” said Mask.
Law enforcement says Holloway went into the woods and was later found that evening at his house.
But the sheriff says the suspect had help from his nephew, 19-year-old Calynn Holloway.
“We charged him with accessory because he went out in the woods with Cade and he hid the gun,” Mask said.
Both men are in the county jail.
Mark Cade Holloway was charged with aggravated assault.
The victim survived the incident.
- UPDATE: Man, nephew arrested for Pontotoc County shooting
- UPDATE: Man still wanted for Pontotoc County shooting
- UPDATE: Man arrested for armed robbery in Pontotoc County
- Man charged with wounding nephew in Monroe County
- UPDATE: Shooting victim ID'd following Pontotoc County wreck
- UPDATE: One Pontotoc County body ID'd
- UPDATE: Pontotoc County deaths investigated as homicide
- UPDATE: Second Pontotoc County body ID'd
- UPDATE: Missing Pontotoc County children found safe
- UPDATE: Pontotoc County autopsy backs homicide