SULLIGENT, Ala. (WTVA) - A man accused of abducting a woman in east Alabama now faces an attempted murder charge in Lamar County.
Marshall Lee Gray, 33, faces the charge as well as theft of property.
The abduction happened on Wednesday, June 6. Law enforcement say he forced a woman to drive at knifepoint in Marion County.
The woman was able to escape near Sulligent in Lamar County. However, police say Gray stabbed the woman as she escaped and took off in the car.
She was later released from a local hospital.
Police say Gray crossed over into Monroe County then returned to Lamar County where he was arrested.
- UPDATE: Man charged with attempted murder after abduction
- UPDATE: Booneville youth charged with attempted murder
- UPDATE: Calhoun County man facing attempted murder charge
- UPDATE: Tupelo stabbing suspect now charged with attempted murder
- UPDATE: Cracker Barrel shooting suspect charged with attempted murder
- Sulligent police charge woman with attempted murder
- Macon woman charged with attempted murder
- UPDATE: How a mother abducted three children
- Man charged with attempted murder in Christmas Day shooting
- Mississippi man accused of abducting estranged wife