MONROE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - The man accused of severely beating his mother then running away to Florida is now in custody at the Monroe County jail.
Sheriff Cecil Cantrell says sheriff's deputies returned with Chad Moore, 39, in handcuffs just before 9 p.m. on Thursday.
Chad Moore | Photo: Monroe County Jail
Moore was arrested on Sunday, May 6 by deputies of the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office in Florida, which is the Tampa Bay area.
RELATED: Amory man accused of beating mother
Moore is accused of beating his mother on last Thursday, May 3 on Bigbee Road near Amory. She received several fractures as a result.
On Friday, the sheriff's department stated Moore is in the Monroe County jail awaiting arraignment on the charge of domestic violence-aggravated assault.
- UPDATE: Monroe County deputies bringing back man accused of beating mom
- UPDATE: Man accused of beating his mom back in Monroe Co.
- UPDATE: Woman accused of aiding wanted Monroe County man
- UPDATE: Missing Monroe County man found safe
- UPDATE: Monroe shooting follow-up
- UPDATE: Accused thief faces charges in Monroe County
- Man drowns in Monroe County
- Nettleton man accused of trafficking drugs in Monroe County
- Prairie man accused of theft in Monroe County
- UPDATE: Accused Vardaman shooter back behind bars