Photo Gallery 1 Images
STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality has lifted a general water contact advisory for body of water in Oktibbeha County.
This is for a section of Hollis Creek from the City of Starkville's Wastewater Treatment Plant, located at 305 Sand Road, to where the creek joins the Noxubee River.
The advisory was issued on May 13 after a sewage spill.
MDEQ says water sampling indicate the water has returned to normal levels.
People can now engage in water contact such as swimming or wading. They can also fish.
- UPDATE: MDEQ lifts water contact advisory in Oktibbeha County
- MDEQ revises water contact advisory in Oktibbeha County
- MDEQ issues water contact advisory for Hollis Creek in Oktibbeha County
- MDEQ issues water contact advisory for Yalobusha River
- MDEQ awards grants to local counties
- Advisories lifted on Mississippi beaches
- UPDATE: Boil water alert lifted for Oxford
- UPDATE: Missing teen found in Oktibbeha County
- UPDATE: Friends remember Oktibbeha County murder victim
- Lee County Schools receive new buses with MDEQ grant