Update 05/07/19 10:40 p.m.
Leflore County Coroner Debra Sanders identified the victim Mark Bright, who she said was the pilot of the small plane.
Update 05/07/19 10 p.m.
Leflore County Coroner Debra Sanders confirmed one man has died following the small plane crash.
The call came into the Leflore County Sheriff's Department at 7:44 p.m. Investigators are still on the scene at Schlater Flying Service, located on County Road 112.
Original article below
LEFLORE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - A small plane crashed in Leflore County Tuesday night, according to Leflore County officials and Grenada County Sheriff Alton Strider.
We're told the plane went down in Schlater, which is near Tallahatchie County.
Deputies are on the scene of the crash.
Grenada County officials said they received a distressed call five miles from the county airport which could have been from the small plane that crashed in Leflore County.
Strider said they are checking to make sure there wasn’t a crash in their county.
- Leflore County coroner identifies victim of small plane crash
- Coroner identifies Tupelo shooting victim
- UPDATE: Coroner identifies Monroe County shooting victims
- Monroe County coroner identifies homicide victim
- Lee County coroner identifies victim of weekend crash
- UPDATE: Coroner identifies victim of fatal Lee County fire
- Coroner identifies victim of fatal Lee County collision
- Coroner identifies victim of fatal Lee County fire
- UPDATE: Coroner identifies deceased Lowndes County inmate
- Lowndes County coroner identifies Columbus body