OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - A judge recently sentenced a Lafayette County man to serve decades in prison for child molestation.
District Attorney Ben Creekmore says John Robert Westmoreland will serve the sentence day-for-day because it was a crime involving children.
The Mississippi Department of Corrections lists Westmoreland’s date of release as June 25, 2048.
He pleaded guilty to four counts of touching a child for lustful purposes in December.
Westmoreland was arrested in the summer of 2018. Investigators said his wife operated an after-school daycare.
The incidents happened at the daycare, investigators said.
His wife, Sherry Westmoreland, was arrested days after his.
She was charged with contributing to the delinquency or neglect of children, as well as sex crimes against a minor-failure to make mandatory report.
Her case is still active.
- UPDATE: Lafayette County man sentenced for molestation
- Eggville man charged with molestation
- Man accused of molesting children at home daycare in Lafayette County
- Man charged with molestation in Columbus
- Tupelo police charge man with molestation
- Tupelo police seek man wanted for molestation
- Columbus man arrested in molestation investigation
- Alabama man charged with child molestation
- Investigators charge Fulton man with molestation
- Molestation arrest made in Itawamba County