STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - The suspect in a high-profile murder case in Starkville pleaded not guilty to capital murder and sexual battery.
Michael Devaughn appeared in court Wednesday afternoon in Starkville. He was denied bond.
Michael DeVaughn | Photo: Starkville PD
He’s accused of murdering Betty Jones and sexually assaulting Kathryn Crigler on Labor Day in 1990. Crigler died shortly after the incident.
Starkville police arrested Devaughn in October 2018 in connection to the infamous crime.
An Oktibbeha County grand jury recently indicted him for capital murder and sexual battery.
RELATED: Grand jury indicts Michael Devaughn
- UPDATE: Labor Day murder suspect pleads not guilty
- UPDATE: Family speaks out after Labor Day murder arrest
- Capital murder suspect in Starkville Walmart shooting pleads not guilty
- Man pleads guilty in Mantachie murder case
- Man pleads guilty in 2016 Columbus murder
- Eupora shooting suspect plans to plead guilty
- Pittsburgh synagogue suspect pleads not guilty
- UPDATE: Accused bank robber pleads guilty
- Capital murder suspect pleads not guilty to murdering three men in Artesia
- Jury finds capital murder suspect guilty