MONROE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - The Mississippi Highway Patrol and local officials are waiting to receive the identifications of three victims who died in a Tuesday night crash in Monroe County.
Master Sgt. Criss Turnipseed with MHP says the agency was able to get the identifications of the people in the fiery crash through one of the vehicle's license plate and another though one of the vehicle's VIN number.
He says the victims' families have been notified, but officials are waiting for official confirmation from the state pathologist before names can be released.
He also says a toxicology report will be done as part of the investigation.
- UPDATE: Investigation continues into deadly Monroe County crash
- Investigation continues into Monroe County plane crash
- UPDATE: Investigation ongoing into Monroe County plane crash
- UPDATE: Monroe County deputies continue search for stabbing suspect
- Broadband talk continues with Monroe County Electric
- UPDATE: Second person ID'd following Monroe County crash
- UPDATE: MHP identifies victim of fatal Monroe County crash
- UPDATE: Investigation continues into Itawamba County shooting
- Hamilton man wanted by Monroe County investigators
- MHP investigates pedestrian hit in Monroe County