FULTON, Miss. (WTVA) - Two people are in custody in connection to a weekend shooting in Itawamba County.
However, investigators are describing them as persons-of-interest.
Jeremy Beene | Photo: Itawamba County jail
The shooting incident happened on Jan. 13 on North Ritter Road. No one was injured.
Sheriff Chris Dickinson says Jeremy Beene's house was shot into because he didn't pay for 2 ounces of marijuana he purchased.
This shooting incident was described as a retaliation.
Beene was arrested after the incident for possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
RELATED: Arrest made in Itawamba shooting
The names of the two people have not been released.
- UPDATE: Investigation continues into Itawamba County shooting
- UPDATE: 3 wanted for Itawamba County shooting
- UPDATE: Search continues for missing Itawamba teen
- UPDATE: One dead in Itawamba County accident
- UPDATE: Injuries reported in Itawamba County wreck
- UPDATE: Itawamba County hostage standoff is over
- UPDATE: Investigation continues into Corinth shootings
- Itawamba County wreck turns fatal
- Investigation continues into Lowndes shooting
- UPDATE: Boil water notice lifted in Itawamba County