OKTIBBEHA COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Friends and family are mourning the loss of a loved one, gone too soon.
Twenty-six-year-old Shawn Stricklin was found dead in his car, suffering from a gunshot wound during the weekend.
People all across social media, from friends to family, say Stricklin left a strong impact on their lives.
One longtime friend says Stricklin was a very loving and outgoing person.
"Shawn was a very loved individual," said Lauren Moffitt. "He was sweet, kind-hearted, loved by the whole town and more. He was outgoing and the life of the party."
No funeral arrangements have been made at this time.
Donations for Stricklin's funeral can be given at Regions Bank under Shawn Stricklin Memorial Fund.
James Dustin Nixon, 31, is out on a $100,000 bond. He's charged with murder in the case
It's still unclear what prompted the shooting.
- UPDATE: Friends remember Oktibbeha County murder victim
- UPDATE: Man charged with murder in Oktibbeha County homicide
- UPDATE: Missing teen found in Oktibbeha County
- Friends remember Choctaw County's Moe Hardin
- Family, friends remember Shaharah Coggins
- Oktibbeha County wreck injures one
- Friends remember jockey who died after crash
- UPDATE: Missing teen in Oktibbeha County Found Safe
- UPDATE: Arrests made in separate Oktibbeha County cyberstalking cases
- UPDATE: MDEQ lifts water contact advisory in Oktibbeha County