Update 11/09/18 1:20 p.m.
According to the Lee County jail docket, Braden Bishop was released on bond.
See the original post below.
TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Former Tupelo High School teacher Braden Bishop is now in law enforcement custody, accused of having inappropriate relations with a student.
A probable cause hearing was scheduled for Friday morning where Bishop, 36, was present.
He faces two counts of sexual battery and five counts of touching a child for lustful purposes.
His bond was set at $100,000.
The Tupelo Public School District later terminated Bishop’s employment last week.
This is a developing story.
- UPDATE: Former Tupelo teacher arrested, charged
- UPDATE: Tupelo High School teacher under investigation
- Former state lawmaker, Tupelo teacher arrested
- UPDATE: Four charged in Tupelo following pursuit
- UPDATE: Tupelo man arrested for dogfighting ring
- Tupelo burglary suspects arrested
- Probable cause hearing for Tupelo teacher delayed
- UPDATE: Tupelo teen found safe
- UPDATE: Tupelo meter installation rescheduled
- UPDATE: Power returning in Tupelo