ABERDEEN, Miss. (WTVA) - Five arrests have now been made in connection with a check scam investigation in Monroe County.
Xzavious Ford, 25, and Nichelle Hill, 29, both of Aberdeen, were arrested on Wednesday, Feb. 13, on forgery charges.
(L-R): Smith, Walker, Bell | Photo: Monroe County Sheriff's Department
Three other arrests were announced on Wednesday as well:
- Jacoby Bell
- Clinton Smith, Jr.
- Curtonio Walker
RELATED: Three arrested for Monroe check scam
These men are also charged with forgery.
Sheriff Cecil Cantrell said these arrests are in relation to a dozen fraudulent checks thought to have been worth approximately $90,000.
The checks were found at a package store in Aberdeen.
Cantrell said more arrests are expected.
- Five suspects now face forgery charges in Monroe County
- Four face drug charges in Monroe County
- Monroe County men face drug-related charges
- Man faces marijuana charge in Monroe County
- West Point duo face drug charges in Monroe County
- Aberdeen man faces drug charge in Monroe County
- Golden Triangle men face drug charges in Monroe County
- 2 face charges with Monroe County Sheriff's Department
- UPDATE: Steens man facing charges in Monroe County after manhunt
- Aberdeen man faces long list of charges in Monroe County