Photo Gallery 3 Images
ABERDEEN, Miss. (WTVA) - Eight people now face charges in relation to a Monroe County check scam.
On Friday, Feb. 15, the Monroe County Sheriff’s Department announced the arrests of:
- Shadrick Ware, 23, of Aberdeen
- Miriam Roby, 23, of Columbus
Like the other suspects, both are charged with forgery.
RELATED: Arrests made for check scam
Sheriff Cecil Cantrell said someone created authentic-looking rapid refund checks and gave them to different people.
These checks totaled approximately $90,000.
In return for cashing the checks, the people were promised a $500 payment.
More arrests are expected.
- UPDATE: Eight now arrested for Monroe check scam
- UPDATE: 3 arrested, 9 still wanted for Monroe check scam
- Monroe County warns of check scam
- Sixth arrest made for Monroe County check scam
- Tupelo man arrested for alleged scam in Monroe County
- Monroe County Electric warns of phone scam
- Phone scam circulating in Monroe County
- UPDATE: Wanted duo arrested in Monroe County
- UPDATE: Wanted Monroe Co. duo arrested
- UPDATE: Monroe County stabbing suspect arrested