LEE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Officials have released the name of the pedestrian who was killed on Highway 45 during the weekend.
Lee County Coroner Carolyn Green identified the victim as Jalen Ayers, 19, of Shannon.
Jalen Ayers | Photo: Courtesy
State troopers said the crash happened near Brewer Road the night of Saturday, Feb. 2.
Green said any other questions would need to be addressed by the Mississippi Highway Patrol.
Troopers are expected to release details about the incident soon.
- UPDATE: Coroner identifies pedestrian killed on Highway 45
- Troopers: Pedestrian killed in Highway 45 crash
- UPDATE: Coroner identifies Monroe County shooting victims
- UPDATE: Coroner identifies deceased Lowndes County inmate
- Coroner identifies Tupelo shooting victim
- UPDATE: Pedestrian identified following fatal collision
- UPDATE: Coroner identifies man in Tupelo fatal accident
- UPDATE: Coroner identifies victim of fatal Lee County fire
- Lowndes County coroner identifies Columbus body
- Monroe County coroner identifies homicide victim