Update 05/15/18 - David Porter's bond was set at $150,000.
COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - An arrest has been made in connection to Thursday evening's shooting in Columbus.
According to Columbus Police Chief Fred Shelton, David Porter has been arrested and charged with aggravated assault with a weapon.
He's accused of shooting at his girlfriend sometime near 3:40 p.m. in the 400 block of 19th Street South. She was inside a vehicle at the time.
However, no one was hurt.
Porter later surrendered to police shortly after the incident.
Police believe the shooting stemmed from an argument between the two.
- UPDATE: Boyfriend arrested for shooting at girlfriend in Columbus
- Columbus woman arrested for allegedly shooting boyfriend
- UPDATE: Man arrested, charged following Columbus shooting
- UPDATE: Columbus men arrested for Tuesday shooting
- UPDATE: Columbus police investigate shooting
- UPDATE: Columbus man charged with kidnapping estranged girlfriend
- Arrest made for Columbus shooting
- Man charged with assaulting girlfriend in Columbus
- Columbus man accused of assaulting girlfriend
- Columbus man charged with assaulting ex-girlfriend