STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Starkville police appear to be one step closer to arresting those responsible for setting fire to pallets and boxes behind Walmart during the weekend.
Starkville Fire Chief Charles Yarbrough says authorities have identified the three juveniles from Walmart's surveillance video.
Yarbrough says one of the suspects signed a statement, while the other two retained attorneys.
He says the suspects, who are under the age of 16, started the fire and burned hundreds of boxes.
The fire happened Saturday at the store on Highway 12.
- UPDATE: Arrests expected soon for Starkville Walmart fire
- UPDATE: Arrest made for Starkville church burglary
- UPDATE: Man arrested following Starkville burglary
- UPDATE: Starkville woman found safe
- UPDATE: Missing Starkville teen found
- Starkville man arrested for drugs
- Starkville police arrest peeping tom
- Starkville man arrested for embezzlement
- Memorial held for Starkville woman shot and killed in Walmart
- Grand jury indicts accused Walmart shooter, former Starkville parks director