NEW ALBANY, Miss. (WTVA) - An arrest has been made for the January 11 hit-and-run in New Albany.
According to the New Albany Police Department, 38-year-old Kavin Foster was arrested on March 9 for leaving the scene of an accident with injury.
Foster's bond was set at $50,000. He is due back to court in April.
The victim, 65 year-old Sandra Elion is home, but according to Chief Chris Robertson, she has a few more surgeries to undergo.
The incident happened on January 11 on Martintown Road. Elion was struck by a vehicle while walking across the street to check the mailbox.
Elion was taken to North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo in critical condition.
ORIGINAL STORY: New Albany police looking for vehicle in hit-and-run
RELATED: Rewards offered for information into New Albany hit-and-run
- UPDATE: Arrest made for New Albany hit-and-run
- New Albany police looking for vehicle in hit and run
- UPDATE: Rewards offered for information into New Albany hit-and-run
- UPDATE: Arrest made for Lee County shooting
- UPDATE: Arrest made for Chickasaw County stabbing
- UPDATE: Arrest made for Starkville church burglary
- UPDATE: Arrest made in Oxford Lyric shooting
- UPDATE: Missing New Albany man found
- Arrest made after rash of car break-ins in New Albany
- UPDATE: Police move forward with Starkville hit-and-run