LEE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) – Lee County investigators have charged a man following a shooting in late December near Shannon.
The shooting happened on December 26 at or near the intersection of County Road 154 and County Road 379.
The shooting wounded a man, who was later found by an off-duty Lee County deputy driving on Highway 245.
On January 3, Lee County investigators arrested Tecarlos N. Ashby, 29, for aggravated assault. Evidence revealed he was the one responsible for the shooting.
According to the Lee County Sheriff’s Department, the victim was in his vehicle and met another vehicle, which contained Ashby. Ashby got into the victim’s vehicle and a confrontation led to the shooting.
“There is information that the victim owed money to an individual and the shooter was collecting the debt,” the sheriff’s department stated.
During a search of the victim’s vehicle, investigators retrieved a Colt 45 automatic handgun. The sheriff’s department says the gun was stolen from Hunter’s Haven in Tupelo during a recent burglary.
- UPDATE: Arrest made for Lee County shooting
- UPDATE: Arrest made for Chickasaw County shooting
- UPDATE: Child dies following Lee County crash, arrest made
- UPDATE: Arrest made in Oxford Lyric shooting
- UPDATE: Arrests made for West Point shooting
- UPDATE: Arrest made for Corinth shooting
- UPDATE: 1 killed in Lee County shooting
- UPDATE: Lee County chase ends in arrest
- UPDATE: Arrest made for Chickasaw County stabbing
- Cattle wounded, killed by dogs in Lee County; arrest made