NOXUBEE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - An arrest has been made in connection to the death of a woman last year in Noxubee County.
The Noxubee County Sheriff's Department confirms the arrest of Allen Bell, 36, for murder.
Nikita Nicole Wilson
He's accused of murdering his wife, Nikita Nicole Wilson, 30, last summer. Her body was found on Aug. 22, 2017, in a ravine along Butler Road in Noxubee County.
The Choctaw woman was reported missing July 11, 2017, from the Pearl River community in Kemper County.
At the time, officials say she died from blunt force trauma.
She was a member of the Mississippi Band of Choctaw Indians. Bell is also a member of the tribe.
Bell's bond was set at $250,000.
This is a developing story.
- UPDATE: Arrest made for 2017 murder in Noxubee County
- UPDATE: Charge upgraded to murder for Noxubee County shooting
- UPDATE: Noxubee County boil water notice lifted
- Attempted murder arrest made in Calhoun County
- Noxubee County fugitive arrested in Memphis
- Bomb threat made at Noxubee County High School
- UPDATE: Arrest made for Lee County shooting
- UPDATE: Arrest made for Chickasaw County stabbing
- Water outage in Noxubee County
- Noxubee County man pleads guilty to murder charges