VARDAMAN, Miss. (WTVA) - The man accused of shooting at a vehicle with children inside is back behind bars.
Vardaman Police Chief Kenneth Scott says 33-year-old Jeffrey Townsend was out on bond last, but his parole officer couldn't find him.
Scott says the parole officers later found Townsend in Tupelo on Thursday, July 12. Townsend is now behind bars in Itawamba County due to the fact he's from Fulton.
He's charge with possession of a firearm by a convicted felon and parole violation.
Townsend was recently arrested for the late-June shooting in Vardaman.
Chief Scott says a woman tried to run over Townsend and he fired shots at her tires while there were children in the vehicle.
- UPDATE: Accused Vardaman shooter back behind bars
- Vardaman man accused of trailer break-in
- UPDATE: Missing Vardaman man found safe
- UPDATE: Bond set for Vardaman shooting suspect
- UPDATE: Vardaman shooting suspect surrenders to police
- Fire destroys Vardaman apartment complex
- Heavy winds damage Vardaman home
- Vardaman police search for shooting suspect
- Sheriff: Vardaman man growing marijuana arrested
- Vardaman man faces slew of charges