Editor's Note: More arrests have been made in this case. Another article has been published. See the update below.
Original post below
ABERDEEN, Miss. (WTVA) - Deputies have arrested three men in connection with a check scam in Monroe County.
Jacoby Bell, Clinton Smith, Jr. and Curtonio Walker are all charged with forgery.
Sheriff Cecil Cantrell said the men are connected to a dozen fraudulent checks thought to have been worth approximately $90,000.
The checks were found at a package store in Aberdeen.
Cantrell said nine other suspects are still being sought in the case.
- UPDATE: 3 arrested, 9 still wanted for Monroe check scam
- UPDATE: Eight now arrested for Monroe check scam
- Monroe County warns of check scam
- Sixth arrest made for Monroe County check scam
- UPDATE: Wanted duo arrested in Monroe County
- UPDATE: Wanted Monroe Co. duo arrested
- Tupelo man arrested for alleged scam in Monroe County
- UPDATE: Monroe County stabbing suspect arrested
- Monroe County Electric warns of phone scam
- Phone scam circulating in Monroe County