The two murder suspects appeared before a Lowndes County judge Wednesday. No bond was set. Their preliminary hearing is set for October 25.
Victoria Slayton & Malcolm Hill appear before a Lowndes County judge.
See the original post below.
COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - Columbus police have charged two people with capital murder for the recent death of a man.
Markcus Maurice Pate, 34, was found dead Saturday morning in an apartment in the 300 block of 11th Street South. He had been shot in the head.
On Tuesday, Columbus Police Chief Fred Shelton held a press conference where he announced the arrests of Malcolm Hill, 25, and Victoria Slayton, 23.
Hill is from Okolona. Slayton is from Columbus.
District Attorney Scott Colom says the two conspired to commit an armed robbery. Shelton says that drugs were involved and the two suspects knew the victim.
- UPDATE: Columbus murder suspects appear before judge
- Judge revokes bond for Starkville murder suspect
- Winston County murder suspect appears before judge
- UPDATE: Noxubee shooting suspect appears before judge
- UPDATE: Macon shooting suspect appears before judge
- Charge upgraded to attempted murder for Columbus suspect
- UPDATE: Columbus police investigate shooting
- UPDATE: Columbus Cracker Barrel shooting suspect arrested in Tennessee
- UPDATE: One suspect arrested for Columbus Office Depot theft
- UPDATE: Three suspects now wanted for Columbus robbery, shooting