COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - Columbus police have charged an 18-year-old for allegedly shooting and wounding a 13-year-old in late June.
Brylen Lataveon Gore, 18, of Columbus, was arrested Monday, July 9 and charged with aggravated assault.
He's accused of shooting the victim as the victim walked near the intersection of McCrary Road and Forrest Boulevard.
The victim was taken to a Jackson hospital and has since been released from the hospital.
Columbus Police Chief Fred Shelton says the victim and Gore know each other. Shelton says the incident followed a prior altercation between the two.
Gore's bond was set at $350,000. He is being held in the Lowndes County jail.
- UPDATE: 18-year-old charged with shooting teen in Columbus
- 18-year-old identified as victim of fatal shooting in Columbus
- UPDATE: Man arrested, charged following Columbus shooting
- UPDATE: Columbus police investigate shooting
- UPDATE: Nettleton teen arrested, charged following shooting
- UPDATE: Man charged in Columbus shooting headed back to Mississippi
- UPDATE: Victim identified in fatal Columbus shooting
- UPDATE: Columbus men arrested for Tuesday shooting
- UPDATE: Columbus shooting appears to be accidental
- UPDATE: Victim identified in Columbus fatal shooting