WINSTON COUNTY, Ala. (WTVA) - Multiple people were sent to hospitals following a crash involving a University of Alabama-Birmingham passenger bus.
The crash happened Friday at 12:12 p.m. on Valley Drive in Winston County, Alabama.
Alabama law enforcement says the bus traveled down a steep hill, through an intersection, struck a large rock, then a tree.
Officers say the bus had 27 occupants. Eleven injured passengers were transported from the scene.
Seven were taken to UAB Hospital in Birmingham and four to Cullman Regional Medical Center in Cullman.
The university says most of the occupants are pediatric residents who were returning from a retreat at Camp McDowell.
- UAB bus crash injures many in Alabama
- Children not injured in school bus accident
- School bus driver dead, multiple children injured in Benton County crash
- 1 dead, 7 injured after country singer's crew bus crashes in California, authorities say
- Alabama crash kills Vernon man
- 18-wheeler crashes into Eupora factory; two injured
- Two injured after Lowndes County crash
- Three injured in Cotton Plant crash
- Troopers: 1 injured in Union County crash
- One person injured in Lowndes County crash