WINSTON COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Two people were airlifted because of an afternoon collision in Winston County.
The crash happened sometime near 1 p.m. on Highway 25 near Antioch Road.
Master Sgt. Criss Turnipseed with the Mississippi Highway Patrol says a Chevrolet Impala rear-ended a Dodge SUV.
The collision sent both vehicles off the road.
The driver of the Dodge, 75-year-old Macy Broussard, was transported to Winston Medical Center to be airlifted to a Jackson hospital.
The passenger in the Dodge, 88-year-old Vivian Broussard, was airlifted from the scene to a Jackson hospital.
Troopers say both are from Dunham, Louisiana, and both suffered serious injuries.
The driver of the Impala, 18-year-old Bryce Smith of Louisville, was transported to OCH in Starkville with non-life-threatening injuries.
- Two seriously injured in Winston County collision
- Collision kills young man in Winston County
- Collision injures one in Chickasaw County
- Lowndes County collision injures two people
- Lee County collision seriously injures tractor driver
- Interstate collision injures woman in Itawamba County
- Clay County collision kills 1, injures 2
- Pedestrian injured in morning collision
- Police: Bicyclist injured in Columbus collision
- Columbus collision injures reserve sheriff's deputy