UPDATE 11:14 a.m. on 07/10/19 - 2 central Mississippi prison escapees are now in custody
The original post is below.
JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - State and federal law enforcement are offering a $12,500 reward for information that will lead to the capture of two prison escapees.
Jonathan Blankenship, 31, and Christopher Benson High, 28, were found missing on Friday from the Central Mississippi Correctional Facility in Pearl.
Law enforcement is asking the public to monitor updates and assist law enforcement agencies by providing any information that could lead to the capture of the two men.
“We also want to remind the public of their very important role in assisting law enforcement and the $12,500 reward being offered for information leading to the arrest of the inmates,” said Marshall Fisher, Mississippi Department of Public Safety commissioner.
Anyone with information can contact the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation at 601-987-1530, the Mississippi Department of Corrections at 662-745-6611 or Crime Stoppers at 601-355-8477.
Blankenship is serving a total of five years for aggravated assault on a police officer and conspiracy to commit a crime in Alcorn County.
High is serving a total of 12 years for burglary larceny of an unoccupied dwelling in Carroll County.
- Search continues for 2 prison escapees
- Search underway for south Mississippi escapee
- Hunt continues for Neshoba County escapee
- UPDATE: Lauderdale County escapee recaptured
- UPDATE: Rankin County escapee captured
- Parchman escapee is in custody
- One Parchman escapee in custody
- Remaining Parchman escapee in custody
- Reward increased for Lowndes County escapee
- Alabama jail escapee captured in Georgia