BOONEVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) — Police in Booneville said a married couple is dead after the husband shot and killed his wife before turning the gun on himself.
Chief Michael Ramey identified them as Bobby Olive, 54, and Krista Olive, 35.
The shooting happened before 12 p.m. Friday at their home on South Lake Street.
According to the chief, the wife called 911 and made her way to the porch where officers found her.
She died at the hospital.
The husband died at the home.
The state will perform an autopsy on both bodies that could help reveal more information for police in the investigation.
- Two people dead in Booneville murder-suicide
- UPDATE: Booneville youth charged with attempted murder
- Two dead in Lafayette County, described as 'murder-suicide'
- Multiple arrests in Booneville
- Small child found dead in car in Booneville
- Three charged in Booneville shooting
- Booneville police make drug arrest
- Booneville man arrested for cocaine
- Booneville police investigate Walmart theft
- Booneville man charged with burglary