STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Two Webster County sheriff's employees have been arrested one month after Sheriff Tim Mitchell was arrested on multiple charges.
The Oktibbeha County Sheriff's Office says Webster County Investigator Landon Griffin and 31-year-old Santana Monshea Townsend of Eupora were the two booked into the jail in Starkville.
Tim Mitchell | Photo: MHP
Griffin says on his Facebook account he left the sheriff's office in December.
Oktibbeha County Sheriff's Lt. Brett Watson says Townsend is charged with two counts of sexual activity between a jailer and an inmate, furnishing contraband to an inmate and the sale/possession of a controlled substance.
Her bond is set at $25,000.
Griffin is charged with trafficking in firearms and embezzlement.
His bond is $50,000.
Both Griffin and Townsend have both now bonded out.
The pairs preliminary court hearing is set for May 28.
The sheriff of Webster County was arrested in December on multiple charges, including embezzlement, trafficking stolen firearms, retaliating against a witness and attempted sex with an inmate.
Mitchell was being held in jail in Lafayette County but was recently moved to the Lee County jail.
- Two more Webster County sheriff's employees arrested
- Webster County man fires rifle at sheriff
- Webster County supervisors talk future of sheriff
- UPDATE: New information on arrest of Webster County sheriff
- Webster County supervisors must appoint new sheriff following arrest
- Three arrested in Webster County theft ring
- Auto burglary arrest made in Webster County
- Webster County inmates face charges
- Webster County now paying two salaries for sheriff
- UPDATE: Webster County sheriff bonds out of jail