TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Two men are accused of trying to lure children to their van.
Laymond Palmer and Daniel George are both charged with attempted kidnapping in Lee County.
Lee County sheriff’s deputies responded Saturday night to the Pine Ridge racetrack for a report of two men trying to persuade children to get into their van.
The racetrack is located in Guntown.
According to witnesses, the children said two men told them they had stuffed animals in their van.
One man allegedly chased after the children, according to the Lee County Sheriff’s Department.
Deputies identified and arrested Palmer and George.
The van was towed and processed for evidence.
Anyone with more information about the two suspects or another kidnapping attempt can contact the Lee County Sheriff's Department at 662-680-5766.
- Two men arrested, charged with attempted kidnapping in Lee County
- Police charge Starkville man with attempted kidnapping
- Mooreville men arrested, charged for Lee County scam
- Man arrested on kidnapping charges
- Man sentenced to life in prison for attempted kidnapping in Lee County
- Duo arrested in Lee County after another failed smuggling attempt
- Columbus man arrested on kidnapping charges
- UPDATE: Man arrested for July 4 attempted kidnapping
- UPDATE: Arrest made for Lee County shooting
- UPDATE: Lee County chase ends in arrest