LOWNDES COUNTY, (WTVA) - Dakota Barnett, 9, of Columbus died Tuesday because of his injuries.
Caledonia Elementary will hold a balloon release for the two boys at 1 p.m., on Friday.
They also had counselors on campus Thursday to answer any questions the children had.
If you are interested in donating to help pay for the funerals.
The school has an account at the Bank of Vernon near the campus, under Dakota and Mathews name.
There is also a YouCaring account for Mathew on Facebook, created by a family friend.
LOWNDES COUNTY (WTVA) - The Mississippi Highway Patrol responded to an accident in Lowndes County Sunday that killed two people and left two others hospitalized.
The accident happened around 8:30 Sunday morning at Spurline Road and US 45 north.
Troopers say a 1997 white Ford F-150 pickup with four passengers was attempting to travel east off of Land Road through the intersection when a 06 blue Peterbuilt tractor trailer traveling north collided with the pickup.
Two of the four passengers in the pickup were pronounced dead at the scene.
Coroner Greg Merchant identifies the victims as Dorothy Bunton, 54, of Columbus, and her grandson Matthew Karr, 10 of Columbus.
The driver of the pickup, Bunton's husband James Bunton, 51 of Orlando, Florida, was airlifted to Tupelo. He is listed in stable condition.
The other passenger has been identified as Dakota Barnett, 9 of Columbus. He was airlifted to the children's medical center in Jackson where he's in critical condition.
The driver of the tractor trailor is Jimmy McCostlin, 56 of Vance, Alabama. He suffered minor injuries.
The accident is still under investigation.
- UPDATE: Victims identified in Lowndes County fatal accident
- UPDATE: Manslaughter charge filed in Lowndes County fatal accident
- UPDATE: Subject in fatal standoff in Lowndes County identified
- Victim involved in a fatal Lowndes Co. wreck identified
- UPDATE: Victim identified in fatal Columbus shooting
- UPDATE: Victims of fatal wreck identified
- UPDATE: Victim identified in Columbus fatal shooting
- UPDATE: MHP identifies victim of fatal Monroe County crash
- UPDATE: Coroner identifies victim of fatal Lee County fire
- UPDATE: Man hospitalized after Lowndes train accident