LAFAYETTE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) – Two people died as a result of a Saturday morning crash in Lafayette County.
The crash happened on Saturday, November 11 at approximately 10:20 a.m. on Highway 7 near County Road 112.
The Mississippi Highway Patrol says a 2011 F-150 driven by Jerry Gordon of Water Valley was traveling south on Highway 7 when the front of his vehicle hit the rear of a 2011 Kia driven by Destiny Ray of Oxford, who was also traveling south on the highway.
Troopers say the F-150 then went into the northbound lane of Highway 7 where it collided with a Chevrolet pickup truck driven by Melvin Charlton of Memphis, who was traveling north on Highway 7.
As a result, Charlton and his passenger Cothern Wilkes, also of Memphis, were killed.
Gordon was transported to a Memphis hospital and Ray was taken to a local hospital.
The cause of the crash is still under investigation.
- Two from Memphis die in weekend crash
- UPDATE: Dead identified in bus crash near Memphis
- 2 die in Natchez Trace Parkway crash
- Two die in separate Lowndes County crashes
- Memphis' request to remove Confederate statue denied
- Confederate statues being removed from Memphis parks
- Bruce mayor recovering in Memphis hospital
- Noxubee County fugitive arrested in Memphis
- Memphis VA holds town hall in Tupelo
- Five people die in Thanksgiving weekend wrecks in Mississippi