NEW ALBANY, Miss. (WTVA) — Two teenage boys from Ripley and a man from Corinth died in a head-on crash Friday afternoon in New Albany.
Union County Coroner Pam Boman identified them as 16-year-olds Christopher Wooten and Christopher Alex Hogue and 49-year-old Jason Bradley Davidson.
She said Wooten was driving and Hogue was riding with him when the accident happened around 4:45 p.m. Friday on Davis Road near Braselman Road on the north side of the city.
New Albany Police Chief Chris Robertson said their car was heading south and a car from Union County was heading north when the two smashed into one another.
Wooten and Hogue died at the location of the accident.
Davidson and the person in the other car were taken to North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo with what the police chief described as "significant injuries."
Davidson was pronounced dead at the hospital. The person in Davidson's car is in stable condition after having surgery Friday night.
One of the cars was on fire when emergency responders showed up, but firefighters quickly got the flames out.
The police chief added the preliminary investigation revealed speed and weather conditions may have caused the crash.
- Two Ripley teens, Corinth man dead after head-on crash
- Ripley man reported missing
- Ripley man wanted for Kentucky murder
- Teen faces multiple robbery charges in Corinth
- MDOT: Crash causing delays near Corinth
- Fire destroys Corinth business
- Power outage at Ashley Furniture in Ripley
- Ripley mourns following deaths of students
- UPDATE: No charges filed in Ripley shooting
- Ripley PD look to ID warehouse burglar