QUINCY, Miss. (WTVA) - Two people died in a Wednesday morning wreck in Monroe County.
Mississippi Highway Patrol (MHP) spokesman Sgt. Derrick Beckom confirmed troopers responded to the wreck on Highway 278 between Amory and Greenwood Springs.
Monroe County Coroner Alan Gurley responded to the crash site, which was just east of Athens-Quincy Road. He said two vehicles collided head-on.
Danielle King, 45, of Greenwood Springs, was driving an SUV west. Terrance Cobb, 22, of Tupelo, was driving a car east.
King died at the scene from multiple trauma. She was not wearing a seatbelt, the coroner said.
Cobb was wearing a seatbelt and was also dead at the scene from multiple trauma.
Neither vehicle had any other occupants.
MHP is investigating the wreck.
Editor's Note: This article was updated to show Cobb's correct age.
- Monroe County wreck kills Greenwood Springs woman, Tupelo man
- Burglars hitting Greenwood Springs area of Monroe County
- Monroe County wreck sends woman to hospital
- Greenwood police accused of planting evidence, beating man
- UPDATE: Missing Monroe County man found safe in Tupelo
- Tupelo man arrested for alleged scam in Monroe County
- Alabama woman killed in wreck
- Man drowns in Monroe County
- ATV wreck kills man in Winston County
- Starkville man killed in Oktibbeha County wreck