OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Two people are dead in what is being called a murder-suicide in Lafayette County.
Lafayette County sheriff’s deputies received a “domestic in progress" call Monday night and responded to the 100 block of County Road 147, Maj. Alan Wilburn said.
When they arrived, deputies found a deceased male and a deceased female. Their names have not being released at this time.
Wilburn said sheriff’s investigators and the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation determined it was a murder-suicide.
Wilburn later said the male shot himself after shooting the woman. He described the two as a couple in an argument gone bad.
The Lafayette County Sheriff's Department did not release any more information about the incident.
- Two dead in Lafayette County, described as 'murder-suicide'
- Man found dead in Lafayette County
- Bond set for Lafayette County murder suspect
- Firefighters find man dead in Lafayette County house
- Murder suspect found dead in Chickasaw County jail
- UPDATE: Law enforcement investigate murder-suicide near Iuka
- Incident ruled suicide in Monroe County
- UPDATE: Tennessee murder suspect found dead
- Lowndes County murder conviction overturned
- 4 charged with capital murder in death of Lafayette County man