Billy Wayne Jones is okay as well.
Faith Jones | Photo: Monroe County Sheriff's Dept.
Billy Jones | Photo: Monroe County Sheriff's Dept.
Update 08/29/18 5:49 p.m.
Law enforcement in Monroe County says the two girls who were being sought have been found and are safe. There is no word on their father, Billy Wayne Jones.
Update 08/29/18 3:35 p.m.
According to the Monroe County Sheriff's Department, the infant is sick and the father left the hospital with them. Sheriff Cecil Cantrell says the father may be mentally unwell and could be on medication.
Cantrell says the father does have legal guardianship of the children, but officers are worried about their health and just want to find them all. Officers say the baby needs to be in the hospital.
The sheriff says the father has not done anything criminal at this time.
See the original post below.
MONROE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Monroe County officers are asking for help finding two “missing” girls.
The Monroe County Sheriff’s Department classifies this as an endangered/missing child situation.
The girls are identified as Katlina Miracle Jones, 1, and Faith Jalena-Lynn Jones, 12.
Officers say they were last seen leaving the Amory hospital’s emergency room on foot sometime near 3 p.m. on Tuesday.
They left with their father, Billy Wayne Jones, 37.
Katlina Jones has blonde hair, blue eyes, last seen wearing a red Minnie Mouse shirt with ruffles and black pants.
Faith Jones was last seen wearing a blue shirt and black pants with black sandals.
Billy Jones stands 5’5” in height and weighs 225 pounds. He was wearing a gray T-shirt and maroon shorts.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Monroe County Sheriff’s Department at 662-369-2468
This is a developing story and this article will be updated as more information becomes available.
- UPDATE: Girls reported safe after Monroe County issues missing child alert
- UPDATE: Missing Monroe County man found safe
- UPDATE: Missing Monroe County teen found safe
- UPDATE: Missing Monroe teen found safe
- UPDATE: Missing Monroe woman found safe
- Endangered/Missing Child Alert canceled, 3-year-old girl found safe
- Endangered/Missing Child Alert issued for North Mississippi girl
- UPDATE: Missing Monroe County man found safe in Tupelo
- Emergency Missing Child Alert issued in Alabama
- UPDATE: Endangered/Missing Child Alert issued for teen is canceled