MONROE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Two men have been charged with the possession of stolen property in Monroe County.
Antonio Reese | Photo: Monroe County Jail
Kennie Fields | Photo: Monroe County Jail
Kennie O'Neal Fields, 37, of Becker, and 21-year-old Antonio Reese, Jr., 21, of West Point, were both arrested on Thursday. Both currently sit in the Monroe County jail awaiting arraignments.
Monroe County Sheriff Cecil Cantrell says the two were in possession of a stolen vehicle from Massachusetts.
Cantrell says the duo stated they had bought the vehicle via a wire transfer, but investigators believe the two are lying about how they came to be in possession of the vehicle.
Monroe County investigators are working with law enforcement in Massachusetts to piece everything together.
The two were charged due to the fact they were found in possession of the stolen vehicle. The vehicle has since been impounded.
- Two charged with possession of stolen vehicle
- Iuka man charged with possessing stolen property
- Man charged with possessing stolen firearm in Starkville
- Okolona man charged with possession of stolen truck
- Starkville man charged with possession of stolen firearm
- Batesville woman charged with possession of stolen gun
- Man charged with possessing stolen gun in Oxford
- Oxford man charged with driving stolen vehicle
- Juvenile arrested for stolen firearm possession
- Starkville youth arrested for possession of stolen gun