GRENADA, Miss. (WTVA) – The Grenada County Sheriff’s Department has arrested two people in connection with a kidnapping and beating of an elderly woman in Elliott.
The Grenada Star reports 57-year-old Sam Hearn and 38-year-old Brandy Williamson Hyde face charges stemming from the Sunday, November 11 incident.
An investigator says officers responded to a call of a woman being held against her will at a home on Ligon Road.
The newspaper reports deputies found the woman, 49, inside a closet, severely beaten, with an extension cord around her neck.
The investigator says deputies discovered meth inside the home when they arrived. The victim was taken to a local hospital and later transported to the University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson.
- Two charged in Grenada County beating
- Four Shot In Grenada County
- Grenada County sheriff arrests two in kidnapping, beating investigation
- REPORT: Grenada councilman indicted
- Grenada police investigate homicide
- Grenada man arrested on child pornography charge
- UPDATE: Man charged in deadly Grenada shooting
- Man charged with murder for Grenada shooting
- Three people charged in Grenada County man's death
- Grenada police investigate deadly shooting